Always call before you visit
Please telephone to make an appointment for any reason, if you arrive without prior booking, we may not be able to see you. We will also have to ask you a few questions about your visit.
• Online / telephone consultations
We may invite you to a longer telephone or an online
video consultation before your appointment to enable us to clearly determine your needs and reduce the amount of time that you have to spend in the practice.
• Our door will be locked when you arrive
Rest assured we will be open, but we will have to control the number of people in the practice at any one time.
When you arrive we will ask you to…
• Use the hand sanitiser as you enter our practice
• Let us take your temperature
We need to reduce the risk of people bringing the virus into the building so we will use a non-contact thermometer as you arrive and if your temperature is high advise you to seek medical advice and return once it is normal.
• Answer a few general health questions
To confirm you have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Come on your own
We have to keep the number of people in the building to an absolute minimum.
• Come to us before you do any shopping
Lots of bags will make our work to keep the practice clean and safe a lot harder.
• Wear a mask for the duration of your visit
If you don’t have one of your own, we will be happy to provide one.
• Maintain a safe separation from everyone wherever possible
We will limit the number of people in the practice to ensure that you are never crowded. Whenever possible please remember to maintain a 2-metre separation from everyone as you move from one space to another.
• Pay with a card.
In the Consulting Room
Please wash / sanitise your hands again on entering
the consulting room.
As part of your examination we will have to be quite close for short periods of time, and we will minimise the risks inherent in this by keeping periods of closer contact to absolute minimum.
We will be using new technology to examine the inside of your eyes in minute detail, so we won’t have to get as close to you as we used to.
Many of you will be delighted to know that we will not be using the “puff of air” test to check your eye pressure. We have a new method which does not cause aerosol droplets to be produced.
When choosing frames
We will invite you to wash your hands before trying on frames.
• Ask us to pass you the frames that you would like to try.
• Once you have tried a frame pass it back to us rather than put it back on the display.
• Each frame will be sanitised after it has been tried on before going back on display.
• Please remember to maintain a safe separation when browsing.